Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Home to see the family


Mom's backyard.

Being away from family during Christmas is a real negative of living abroad.   For logistical reasons more than anything else we decided to take separate trips back to the States this winter to spend time with each of our families.   I spent a couple weeks in the States, mostly in Rochester but with an overnight visit to Charlotte and Charleston on the front end of the trip.  I’m thankful that mom lives in USAir’s hub so my ‘layover’ could be two days long! 

Keeping this short, it was an incredible trip home.  I got to see and really spend quality time with my mom, stepdad, neighbor friends and their awesome kiddos,  brother and his girlfriend, all the pups,  cousin, aunt and uncle, and grandparents.

Since it wasn't right during the holidays everyone was relaxed enough to talk for hours over coffee or a meal or whenever.  I was fed like a QUEEN by my mom, aunt, and grandma (the pattern emerges!)  On top of all that, the weather was warm and mostly dry… quite the change from England!  It was such a special trip.

Some of my favorite photos:
Sarah Boo

Morty by the fire.

Twinsies?

Mom, B, and Mortums.

Cal, Colleen, Ziggy, and Ray.

Me and Dziadz.

G'ma!

Aunt Mary Ellen and Uncle John.

Dziadz at the Rochester Public Market.

(Great) Aunt Irene

Ziggy waiting at the window just cracks me up.

Cal's street



No comments:

Post a Comment